Friday, August 7, 2009

Antique store find!

I know it looks like nothing. Bill and I found ourselves digging through a box of photoworld stuff at this antique store. He suggested I ask the lady how much for this filter. The price on it was 35 bucks! (original photoworld tag) She said "How about 2 dollars". Ok! that s a cheap experiment. I find it a little weird that usually you pay way more than the original purchaser and this was just the opposite. Before Photoshop digital etc....this is how a photographer changed an image. Just hold the the gel-filter(they come in all colors) over the lens when you take the picture. Simple right? Check out the before and after....
Without filter...
with filter...
What do you think?

3 comments:

boxcar said...

I love the old school approach, it's so organic, tactile even. Like vintage fabrics..

Becky L. Beck said...

I like Bill's verbage! And everything is better with a Filter isn't it??

Tami said...

it kinda reminds me of the 70's...