Tuesday, February 2, 2010

17 years ago today....


Words can't describe what you feel when your baby is born. Hana Jo arrived 5 weeks early on the morning of February 2nd 1993. I remember being overwhelmed with happiness and fear when the doctor announced "its a girl!" Was she OK? They put her next to me for two seconds and then off she went to the premie nursery to be checked out. Later the nurse came in my room with these polaroid pictures. They were not enough I needed to hold her! So I did the cesarean shuffle(if you've had a c-section you know what I'm talking about) to the nursery to hold our new baby. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I held her weak little body. Praising God for a beautiful baby girl! God is perfect and he gave us Hana that day. Hana means "helper" and she is my right hand. She has blessed my life in so many ways. Happy Birthday Sweet girl!

2 comments:

jkluginbill said...

Happy Birthday Hana!

Becky L. Beck said...

What a sweet memory to come on Hana's birthday from her Momma. She will love this forever! Happy Be-lated Bday Hana!