Tuesday, April 6, 2010

restoration in progress..



This makes me happy. When they took down this original home. My heart sank. But they had plans to rebuild it. Using some of the pictures I took last spring and by numbering the pieces they are putting it back together on a new foundation. They found pieces of denim between the boards. This was insulation back then. They are having to put new shingles on it, which will need to weather a bit. I intend to look into the family that built it. The Markworth family. Very cool. I will let you know what I find out. Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Love it! Randy loves to restore old buildings too! I'll be watching for updates. Who's moving in? :-)

SLO Day Design said...

I just found your blog and it's bringing back so many great memories of growing up on the Markworth Rd! I grew up on the next hill top (9274). What a beautiful area!!!

Sarah (Van Ry) Ortiz